A Very Hungry "Pitch Wars Boost My Bio"

Blueberry picking with my little family! 

Scene Scone

In the background, my toddler yells, "Welcome to the Music Show!" and slams his little toddler fingers on a keyboard we bought at a yard sale this morning. "They cannot find it anywhere!" he sings. He's probably singing about us because our home is such a mess, we can't find anything. I stopped cleaning a couple weeks ago because Pitch Wars is near and I'M NOT READY. But I will be. Oh. I. Will. Be. My husband is playing Madden on the PS4, and we keep sneaking each other these looks of, "Isn't our spawn so cute and amazing!?"



Now the juicy stuff...

Favorite Juice

Just kidding. No one cares. Jokes! But it's grape and apricot made fresh in my juicer if you really want to know. I'm that health-oriented person who uses a juicer and eats organic bananas because GMO bananas technically aren't vegan, and if that doesn't weird you out...I don't know what will. But hold on, before you think I don't have any fun, I also just ate some dairy-free Cherry Garcia Ben & Jerry ice cream that CHANGED MY LIFE. (And probably has GMOs in it, but oh well.) So good. I've actually overcome a lot of food fears this summer, and I'm branching out to enjoy foods I once thought would make me sick or dead.

Too serious? How about...

Beans

I'll show you this art we have hanging in our kitchen.


Plus it's a great transition since Mr. Beans is made of beans, and we were talking about food...and because I found this at a thrift store. Which brings me to...

Thrift Shopping, Coffee and Car Snacks

We call thrift shopping and yard sales "treasure hunting" because you never know what you're going to find. It's our favorite family weekend activity complete with coffee and car snacks. (Car Snacks! I might title every subtitle in this post something to do with food because it's thematic, I love to eat, and I'm always hungry. I'll have to change the title of this one then...and the first one.) Anywaaaaay, some of my favorite things I've found this summer while treasure hunting:
-an onyx ring
-my dream bike that I totally manifested with a vision board and high vibes
-fancy tea cup and saucer for my collection
-a fancy goblet to match my novel that I drink out of when I write and will take with me to every future book signing (You like that self-belief!? YEAH!)
-MegaLand board game because I loooooove board games with the fam
-pretty drink dispensers perfect for future outdoor parties/get togethers/women's circles that I can fill with herbal tea or whatnot
-a tarot deck from the 80s, which became my first deck

(Please, will you comment and tell me YOUR favorite thing you've ever found while treasure hunting?!)

Soul Food

Speaking of tarot. I love tarot, oracle cards, crystals (Sending you some creative energy with my citrine right now, if you want it!) and all the hippie, metaphysical, spiritual things. If we're going to be friends, that's just something you should know because it's such an important, exciting part of my life, I can't not talk about it. If we vibe, we vibe, and if we don't, that's cool too. Much love and peace to you either way, but I welcome you whatever you believe. I'm sure we all belief the same powerful core things. It's all about love. Plus we all love books, right!? So that's another thing that unites us.

Turkey Legs and Mead

Speaking of books, this is the part of the post where I gush about my book. Oh my goodness, gentleperson, I LOVE this book. It doth totally slayeth. If you aren't sure by now, it's a Ren Faire story! Young adult contemporary. All about sisterhood, power, donuts, fun, friends, love, and standing up for the right fucking thing no matter the cost. Swear word included because the book has some swears. This is a "reader beware" sort of situation to deter you if swears aren't your thing. If it is your thing, then, shite, I suppose we'll get along just swell.

Queen of Ren Faire
Ren Faire is the best time of the year for the Green family. They're Ren Faire royalty after all! But this year is different. This year Dad is gone, Mom has been banned, and the faire isn't doing well enough to last another season. With the thrones empty and faire in danger of closing, someone has to step up to be queen. Someone has to save their asses. A civil war breaks out as twins Ren and Faye Green battle for the throne. Same goal, polar opposite ideas for how to save the day. Long live the Queen of Ren Faire.

Huzzah!



Making of the Donuts
If I'm chosen as a Pitch Wars mentee, I'll be super open and communicative. I communicate best in gifs and online because phone calls make me sweatyyyy (but I'll do it if I have to, okay? I'll do it for YOU). I'm open-minded, flexible, and ready for some hard work. I work intuitively and follow the passion. I would love to connect with a mentor or mentors who bring some fun, personality, and friendship to the relationship too. How you like them donuts?

Grammarcy for reading my post! I'm honored and so happy. Connect with me so we can have fun together during Pitch Wars! The community during this event is truly amazing. I've already made such cool connections and look forward to even more now that we can check out each other's boosted bios.

Come find me!
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

And if you aren't part of Pitch Wars, and you're like, "HOW DID I GET HERE AND WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT?" then you should still check out the other bios and follow cool writers. Then when their books come out one day, you can be that cool hipster and tell all your friends you followed and supported that writer before they were famous.

Peace, love, and turkey legs, my friends. Have a most beauteous den.

Comments

  1. Awesome post! I also frequent thrift stores, and some of my favorite clothes have come from treasure hunts. One is an Orvis skirt with buttons down the front, wore it for over ten years until I, ahem, outgrew the waistline. See ya at #PitchWars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blueberry-picking picture. I need a better author photo!

    Good luck with your Ren Faire story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I delight in, lead to I found just what I used to be taking a look for. You have ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day.

    Jaipur darshan tour | Rajasthan tour by tempo traveller

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

11 Character Priorities that Strengthen Your Writing (Plus a Free Printable Worksheet!)

The Element of Danger Every Writer Needs